During this lockdown period, keeping ourselves busy is crucial to make sure each day doesn’t look identical to the last. In case you weren’t aware, cooking is a great way to spice up your day! More and more people are now experimenting in the kitchen with new recipes and cuisines from different countries. As well as being a fun activity, cooking is a very effective nostrum for our mind and soul as it helps to manage stress, stimulate creativity, and make us feel pleased with ourselves. It gives us a fresh sense of achievement and is a great way to show affection to our loved ones. For these reasons we are going to share two healthy, vegan and (above all!) easy stay-home brunch ideas with you in this article; Scrambled Tempeh and Vegan Ricotta Banana Pancakes! Treat yourself or share these vegan brunch recipes with your family or flatmates during your next stay-home cooking activity!
VEGAN BRUNCH RECIPES
This vegan brunch recipe is for all you savoury breakfast lovers; from every day-vegans to those of you who would simply like to swap out their eggs from time to time. Tempeh is a nutrient dense, protein-rich food made from soy that reduces cholesterol levels and improves bone health. It is also prebiotic, making it a nostrum for our digestive system. Serve this meal with some mushrooms, cooked tomatoes and baked beans for a full English breakfast feel!
200g unsweetened soy milk
3tsp chickpeas flour
2 tsp nutritional yeast
– swap with grated parmesan
for non-vegan option
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp kala namak salt
-this specific salt gives the egg taste, but if you don’t have it you can use Himalayan salt
4 slices brown bread or sourdough
A pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare the batter by mixing the chickpea flour and nutritional yeast with the soy milk, turmeric, paprika and kala namak salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Crumble the tempeh into small pieces with your hands and cook them in a pan with salt, pepper, and oil.
- Add the batter to the tempeh and continue to cook for a few minutes on
alow heat. If the mixture becomes too thick you, add a small amount of warm water.
- Toast the bread and smash the avocado, then spread it on top. Finally, add the scrambled tempeh on top.
- Decorate with some fresh parsley and it is ready to be served!
VEGAN RICOTTA AND BANANA PANCAKES
This vegan pancake recipe will satisfy your craving for sweets, even if they are sugar free! Healthy food doesn’t need to be boring or tasteless. For a gluten free version, simply swap regular oat flour with a gluten free substitute or use rice flour for an exquisite vegan brunch recipe. If you feel extra adventurous and would like to make your own cashew ricotta cheese, we suggest this recipe from The Lazy Cat Kitchen, otherwise you can buy it from all major supermarkets.
80g oat flour
20g almond flour
2 ripe and mashed bananas*
80g cashew cheese or vegan ricotta
– swap with regular ricotta for the
5tbsp any unsweetened plant milk
1 tsp cinnamon
30g vegan dark chocolate
1tsp cream of tartar or baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp almond butter
–our favourite is from Planet Organic
A pinch of salt
*Tip: If your bananas are not ripe enough, microwave them for 1 minute.
- Sift the oat flour and the almond flour into a big bowl. Add the cream of tartar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and mix everything until combined.
- Add the mashed banana, cashew cheese, plant milk, and vanilla extract then mix well.
- With a knife, cut the dark chocolate into small pieces and add it to the batter; mix well.
- Grease a non-stick pan by preheating the coconut oil.
- Once the pan is heated, lower the heat and slowly add the batter; 2 tbsp per pancake should suffice. Cook for 3-4 minutes with a lid covering the pan until the pancakes’ edges are set. Flip each pancake and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. You will probably need to make the pancakes in different batches.
- Your pancakes should now be ready to be served. Add the almond butter,
freshbanana, and extra chocolate chips for the ultimate awesomeness meal!
UPLIFT YOUR SPACE
Discover our home range which will help stimulate your happiness, while creating an inspiring and invigorating atmosphere in your home as you cook these delicious, healthy and easy brunch recipes. Use our Light Your Fire Candle and the Beat the Blues Room Spray for an uplifting and transformative atmosphere or our Create Space and Transformative Diffuser Oils to stimulate your creativity and give you a joyful and clearing scent.