How to make the best out of Halloween 2020
Although, Halloween this year will be different from what we are used to, it does not mean that we can’t celebrate it and make it fun! In fact, it is an occasion to set aside time for ourselves and the people we live with. The good news is that a spooky Blue Full Moon will be on our side and Halloween falls on a weekend, meaning we can fully enjoy this day with fun activities. To give you some inspiration, we are sharing our ultimate Beat the Boo Halloween Ritual with you. This routine is guaranteed to add an extra boost of positive energy to your day, along with a tasty (and healthy!) Vegan Spooky Pumpkin Bread Recipe for baking and sharing with the people you love (respecting COVID-19 restrictions of course!). Combine our ritual and Spooky Pumpkin Bread with other fun activities like board games, festive crafts, and family bike rides for a full-on Halloween celebration!
Why you need a Halloween Ritual
Something that this year has taught us, is to take things slower and live in the present moment. Respecting our feelings and taking time for ourselves is something that we often tend to ignore, for this reason introducing some rituals can be helpful. Our Beat the Boo Halloween Ritual is ideal to start the day on the right foot, uplift the mind and body, and reconnect with our inner self. Spending quality time with other people can be more challenging at the moment, so let’s make the most of what we have. Bake our Vegan Spooky Pumpkin Bread with your family or people you live with; it is a good excuse to switch off your phone, make something delicious, healthy and have fun together.
Beat the Boo Halloween Ritual
BEAT THE BLUES SHOWER AND BATH OIL
Take a warm shower or bath and gently massage our Beat the Blues Shower and Bath Oil over your whole body. For a more uplifting and balancing experience, why not play our Beat the Blues Spotify playlist?
BEAT THE BLUES PULSE POINT
Get ready for the day by applying our Beat the Blues Pulse Point over pulse points on your wrists and neck. This alchemical blend of essential oils will boost your self-esteem, ease frustration, and stimulate happiness; perfect to fully enjoy Halloween!
GOOD VIBE REEDS
Place our Good Vibe Reeds in your kitchen and insert the reed sticks into the glass bottle to diffuse a beautiful uplifting scent throughout the room. Prepare our healthy and delicious ‘Vegan Spooky Pumpkin Bread’ to share with the people you love!
Vegan Spooky Pumpkin Bread
Gluten free – Vegan – Refined Sugar Free
- 300g pumpkin puree
- 280g almond milk or your favourite plant-based milk
- 100g maple syrup or agave syrup
- 80g stevia or erythritol
- 250g gluten free oat flour
- 50g coconut flour
- 50g of coconut yogurt or your favourite plant-based yogurt
- 50g of dark chocolate
- 1 ½ tbsp of baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with the almond milk, maple syrup, stevia, coconut yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- In a different bowl, sift the flour and the remain dry ingredient except for the dark chocolate.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones in three/four different batches. Mix well each time.
- Break into pieces the dark chocolate and add it to the batter. Mix well.
- Place some baking paper in a loaf tin and transfer the batter in it.
- Bake the Vegan Spooky Pumpkin Bread for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean. Let the cake cool down completely before removing it from the loaf tin and before serving.
Spread some 100% natural almond butter on a slice of the Spooky Pumpkin Bread for extra goodness or serve it with a healthy hot cholate!TIP
Don’t forget to share your fabulous creations with us by tagging us @ilapothecary or using the hashtag #ilapothecaryHalloween on social media! We can’t wait to see them!
Discover our full Beat the Blues range to give yourself a positive boost and uplift your days!
Enjoy our Halloween treat and get all our Products with Purpose with a 20% OFF* when applying the code ‘TreatWithPurpose2020’ at the checkout!
Enjoy your Halloween!
*The offer ends on the 1/11/2020 at midnight GMT