August is here, so many are in the peak of their holiday season! Even though it is an uncertain time for travel, it seems many are travelling to beautiful places with hot weather seeking the right mix of fun and relaxation and others achieving the same in their territory. Wherever you are, this is a time for a breather; to put your phone on airplane mode, set your ‘Out of office response’, and make time for yourself without forgetting a few good habits. In fact, now more than ever, it is important to stay hydrated and protect your skin from the sun.
Protect your skin before exposing yourself to the sun
You have probably heard countless times how important it is to use sun protection to avoid sunburn, lower the risk of skin cancer, prevent premature aging of the skin, and maintain an even skin tone. Here a few tips for you to take care of your skin while enjoying the sun:
- Wear sun protection with an SPF 30 or higher
- Avoid staying in the sun during midday-heat
- Wear a hat and sunglasses for extra protection
- As a precaution, make sure to pack linen and cotton clothing
Don’t forget to hydrate your skin
Protecting your skin from the sun is very important, but don’t forget to hydrate it too. Hydration helps your skin recover from sun exposure, maintain your skin elasticity, and prevent wrinkles. Here is our after-sun hydration routine which you can make use of at home and on holiday:
- Cool down: take a nice cold shower or bath to soothe your skin and get rid of impurities and toxins. To prepare your skin to be moisturised, we recommend using our Quiet Start Body Scrub, which is ideal for those times when your skin feels lacklustre and dry. The Jasmine hydrates and prompts a feel-good feeling, whilst the Pearl helps to cocoon, and leaves your skin with a lovely sheen. The Himalayan salts help to remove rough, areas of skin while the oily texture really hydrates the skin leaving you feeling reborn.
- Moisturise: After drying off, it is time to moisturise your skin to revive the natural spring and suppleness. Our recommendation for you is our SOS Body Balm, which will help heal sunburns and deeply hydrate and calm your skin thanks to the combination of Blue Chamomile and Arnica. The latter is considered a panacea for all kind of inflammation and can also be used to soothe mosquito bites and heal aching muscles, and reduce swelling caused by sprains and other injuries.
- Boost: Remember to nourish your face too! After moisturising, give your face some TLC with a vitamin boost to rebalance the skin. Our Digital Face Mist is an excellent solution for a light skin and mind reboot, and to take on the plane with you. The rose water, amethyst, vitamin B12, and honey work to replenish lost moisture and reduce redness from sun exposure. For deeper nourishment, the Vitamin A, C, D & E Rich Face Oil is perfect as an overnight vitamin boost thanks to nutrient-rich oils including Arnica, Calendula, Borage, and Rose Hip combined with Tuberose Stem Cells. The properties of the ingredients make this product ideal for deep nourishment of the skin after sun exposure.
- Drink water: When talking about hydration, we can’t not mention the ally number one; water. Stay hydrated is essential, especially during hot summer days. Drinking the right amount of water each day contribute to remove toxins from the skin, deliver nutrients to cells, regulate body temperature, and promote proper organs functioning. It is said that it is better to sip water a little at a time to avoid to ‘overload’ your kidneys and retain more H2O.