Summer has arrived and we can’t believe it’s June already. Father’s Day is fast approaching, lets ensure all dads are celebrated to the fullest on Sunday 20th June!
Besides the obvious Father’s Day card and present, surprise your dad this year with the most important gift of all – your quality time. Fathers are those who have been there for you throughout the years and have seen you grow. On this special Sunday, no gift is more important than time spent with loved ones and doing things you know your dad will enjoy.
To say thank you to these special men in our lives we have curated a list of fun Father’s Day activities so you can spend quality time with your good ole dad or dads this weekend:
- Serve dad a stellar brunch! Get yourself (and any siblings) up at the crack of dawn and start the day with a table full of dad’s favourite recipes. We suggest avocado, smoked salmon and poached eggs on sourdough toast or for a dad with a sweeter tooth, banana pancakes with maple syrup are sure to be a hit.
- Go for a hike: Get in that much-needed hour of exercise and explore! Even if you are city based, try finding beautiful walks and routes in nature, which will lift your spirits. Take in the scenery and enjoy the company.
- Host a wine tasting. The ultimate treat for any dad is a Father’s Day stay at home wine tasting. Complete a selection of the best wines with a spread of delicious cheese and grapes.
- Have a family game night. Whack out and dust off those old board games and let dad flaunt his more competitive side. If dad is more of a trivia, brain teaser kind of guy create your own questions and host a family trivia night!
- Host a family movie night! Gather your loved ones to celebrate dad and his favourite films! Don’t forget to get Dad’s favourite drinks and snacks.
ilapothecary was created to support the modern man and woman, therefore our Products with Purpose are ideal for all types of men and fathers!
For a sporty or overworked dad, choose the Magnesium and Amethyst Bath Soak, which is ideal to clear a busy mind and relax the muscles. After exercise or a long day of work, this is the perfect bath soak to heal the aura. Combine with the SOS Body Balm, perfect to heal swelling or bruising from sports or simply soothe and relax the skin and calm the mind.
Our Digital Detox Pouch is perfect for businessmen or those who are constantly stuck in front of a screen. Digital Face Mist is the perfect solution as it is an antioxidant remedial spritz that hydrates and helps protect the face from digital effects. Regenerating and healing ingredients such as amethyst, vitamin B12 and Active Soybean Extract are anti-inflammatory and soothing, believed to protect from screen effects. Ideally this can be combined with the Protective Aura Day Cream which shields and deeply nourishes your skin.
For those who need something to aid concentration or alleviate fear, the SOS Drops are sure to leave you feeling grounded and focused. Beardy fathers could benefit from our Beardy Balm, a nourishing and soothing balm that helps soften and smooth beards and stubble.
Whatever your gift choice might be, we are sure to have something to match your dads needs and wants this year!
Happy Father’s day to all different types of dads, everywhere.
-The ilapothecary Team